Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Apple Crisp Pizza!!

Hey Beauties & Happy TGIF!! I thought I would share this yummy Apple Crisp Pizza, that maybe you could try out this weekend!!  Its super easy and so yummy!! I found the original recipe here for Apple Crisp Pizza and thought it looked really yummy! But when I made mine it didn't look anything like hers, it wasn't really flat like hers, but I forgot to peel my apples (that's why I stress so much on peeling them) But anyway either way it was super yummy!! Good luck!


What you'll need...

-Apples
-Pie Crust
-Sugar
-Flour
-Cinnamon
-Rolled Oats
-Butter
-Brown Sugar

What you do...


 
Preheat your oven to 350.  Roll your pie crust out, I used a store bought pie crust to make it easier and I don't really like making pie crusts I just used the Pilsberry ones that you roll out! 

Important!!! As you can see I made mine on a baking sheet without a lip, your baking sheet has to have a LIP!! if not as it is baking you will get apple all over your oven! trust me it happened to me!


Now folding the pie crust over to make a little edge on you crust!




Next you will cut up your apples you will want to cut them fairly small.

IMPORTANT!!! You have have have got to peal the apples, this makes it so much better and not chewy! 

In a large bowl mix together the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon.

Now spread your apple and sugar mixture 




Taking a large bowl mix together your oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon



Mix it together until you get something that looks like this!

Quick Tip: Use clean hands and mush it altogether so its all combined really well!

Sprinkle oatmeal and sugar mixture on top of the apples and pie crust!

FYI: Mine got super tall and big, if you don't want it as big you can cut the apples even smaller and pealing the apples will also make it smaller as well!

Now put it in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes


When its done remove it from the oven


Serve while its still warm!  Its super yummy with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!





Apple Crisp Pizza

Ingredients:
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
4 medium apples (like Gala, Fiji, Braeburn, Empire) peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces

TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup salted butter, softened (see Note)

1/2 cup caramel topping

Instructions:
Note: I like to use salted butter because it cuts the sweetness of the pizza. If you don't use salted butter sprinkle some salt on top of the crisp. Trust me. It brings out the flavors.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Roll pastry to fit a 12 inch pizza pan; fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to use my clean hands to get in there and mush it together until it's the texture of wet sand. Sprinkle  topping evenly over the apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm with ice cream. Makes 12 servings

Dont forget if your try this let me know what you think of it in the comments below! Enjoy!!

xoxo
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment