Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

STAYING ORGANIZED: DAILY ORGANIZATION


Hey Beauties!! I have had this obsession with being and staying organized these last couple of days! And were I get my inspiration is on marthastewart.com. I have noticed that my biggest problem is once I get organized I cant seem to stay organized! Thats when I found this super cool list of Six Things To Do Everyday, and thought I would share them with you so that maybe if your like me can stay organized too!

Source here





1. Make the Bed! This is the one I am probably the worst at doing. When I get up I am so concentrated on getting up and going out and feeding the horses and finding something for breakfast, that I forget to make my bed. But if you make your bed when you get up it will make the whole room feel cleaner and less cluttered, which will help from having things pile up around it.   

2. Manage Clutter! I once read a thing that said if you take 15 minutes every day and pick up anything laying around or anything that's not in it place that it will help prevent clutter which when it come time to clean, there will be less to pick up so it wont feel as overwhelming! 

3. Sort the Mail!  Take a few minutes to open, read, and sort mail as soon as you bring it inside. Keep a trash bin near your sorting area for junk mail. Drop other mail into one of four in-boxes: personal correspondence, bills, catalogs, and filing.

4. Clean as You Cook! This is another one that I'm not very good at doing, but if you take a few minutes a clean as you cook if you mix something up in a bowl to add to you dish quickly wash it up so when you get done cooking and eating, instead of having to spend the night in the kitchen cleaning up you can sit down and watch a movie your something!

5. Wipe Up Spills While They’re Fresh! Whether it’s tomato sauce on the cooktop or makeup on the bathroom counter, almost anything is faster and easier to remove if you attend to it immediately.

6. Vacuum the floor! This is the one thing I am pretty religious at doing, but I only do every other day and I have to house dogs!  Vacuuming will help make the whole house feel cleaner without having to clean the whole house up and down plus! it only takes about ten minutes! So then if you have unexpected guests it helps you feel like the house is a little bit cleaner!

What are your tips for staying organized? leave them in the comments below!

xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment