Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Recipe: Bacon Maple Cookies! :)



Hey Beauties!

At the first of the year the little bakery in my town had cupcakes, not any ordinary cupcakes, bacon maple cupcakes!!! and of course I got one! and let me tell you they were to die for! So a couple months ago I got thinking "Hey! I should make bacon maple cupcakes!!" and Shane was all "No you should make bacon maple cookies!" (he's more of a cookie fan) Plus! cupcakes tend to be an all day event!  So today when I started to make them (I have family coming down from Utah) I thought "Hey! I shouldn't keep this delicious recipe all to my self!" So here you go...

BACON MAPLE COOKIES!!!
with pictures ;)























  • 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. maple extract or 1 T + 1 t. maple syrup
  • 2 1/3 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/2 – 1 lb. bacon, cooked, crumbled and well drained


1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter or margarine, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs and maple extract or syrup. Beat for 1 more minute.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine and add in batches to mixing bowl. Beat just long enough to incorporate.
3. By hand, stir in the bacon pieces. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.

Also if you try this recipe let me know what you think in the comments below! 

xoxo
Sarah 







No comments:

Post a Comment