Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Pie!!

Thanksgiving is almost here!!!!! (2 days away!!) So in honor of the holiday of giving! I thought I would share with you my pumpkin pie recipe!! which is super duper yummy!! and you DO NOT need sweet and condensed milk woop woop! (I always find myself going to make my pumpkin pie and I have NO sweet and condensed milk!!) Any woo enough of my pointless ramble on how I'm not prepared for Thanksgiving enough to have the ingredients for pumpkin pie!! Lets get started!!

Now before I start this I'm going to tell you the worst news ever for me!! So I got done making the pie and I am letting it cool! Well once it was cooled everybody thought they wanted some right! THEY ATE IT ALL BEFORE I COULD GET A PICTURE OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE FINISHED!!!!!  SO SAD :(  anyway so thats why there is no really cool pictures of what it looks like when your about to eat it!! now on to the actual recipe!


Step 1:


  Mix together 2 cups of pumpkin, 3 large eggs, and 1 cup heavy cream.

***I use "real" pumpkin so 2 cups is about 1 of the small cans of canned pumpkin



Step 2

  Then add 3/4 cup of brown sugar!


Step 3

Now for the tricky part!! Mix 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated, 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper, and a pinch of ground cloves!!



Step 4:


Pour filling into a pie shell bake at 425 for 15 minutes, Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 40-50 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean!!



Well that's that!! I hope you enjoyed if you try this out let me know what you think in the comments below!!!

xoxo
Sarah Bess














No comments:

Post a Comment